02 Ara Social Security-Information You’ll want to make an application for Spouse’s or Divorced Spouse’s Advantages
- On line, if you should be within a few months of age 62 or older, or
- By calling our national service that is toll-free 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) or visiting the local Social protection workplace. A consultation isn’t needed, but it may reduce the time you spend waiting to apply if you call ahead and schedule one.
It is possible to help when you’re prepared to:
- Offer any required papers; and
- Answer the questions down the page.
Papers you might want to offer
We might request you to offer papers to exhibit you are qualified, such as for instance:
- Birth certification or other evidence of delivery;
- Proof U.S. citizenship or lawful status that is alien you had been maybe perhaps not created in the usa More Info;
- U.S. discharge that is militarys) in the event that you had army solution before 1968;
- W-2 forms(s) and/or self-employment tax statements for just last year.
- Last breakup decree, if using being a divorced partner; and
- Marriage certificate.
We accept photocopies of W-2 kinds, self-employment taxation statements or documents that are medical but we should look at initial on most other papers, such as for example your delivery certification. (We’re going to get back them for your requirements.)
Try not to postpone applying for benefits since you don’t have most of the papers. We shall help you to get them.
Everything we shall ask you to answer
- Your title, sex and Social Security quantity;
- Your title at delivery (if various);
- Your date of delivery and place of delivery (State or international nation);
- Whether a public or religious record ended up being made from your delivery before age 5;
- Your citizenship status;
- Whether you or someone else has ever filed for Social safety advantages, Medicare or Supplemental Security money for you (if that’s the case, we are going to additionally require info on whose Social safety record you used);
- Whether you have got utilized just about any bbwcupid price Social Security quantity;
- Whether you became struggling to work as a result of conditions, accidents or conditions at any time in the past 14 months. If “Yes,” we shall additionally ask the date you became struggling to work;
- Whether you had been ever into the active armed forces solution before 1968 and, if that’s the case, the times of service and whether you’ve got ever been entitled to be given a month-to-month reap the benefits of an army or Federal civilian agency;
- Whether you or your better half have actually ever struggled to obtain the railroad industry;
- Whether you have got gained Social protection credits under a different country’s social protection system;
- Whether you qualified for or expect you’ll get a retirement or annuity predicated on your very own work utilizing the authorities regarding the united states of america or one of its States or regional subdivisions;
- Whether you’re currently hitched and, if that’s the case, your partner’s title, date of delivery (or age) and Social protection quantity (if understood).
- The names, times of delivery (or age) and Social protection figures (if understood) of every spouses that are former
- The times and places of every of one’s marriages and, for marriages that have ended, just exactly how as soon as they finished;
- The names of every unmarried kiddies under age 18, age 18-19 plus in primary or school that is secondary or disabled before age 22;
- The name(s) of one’s employer(s) and/or information regarding your self-employment together with level of your profits with this 12 months, just last year and year that is next
- Whether we may contact your companies for wage information;
- The month you would like your advantages to begin; and
- If you should be within three months of age 65, whether you wish to sign up for health care insurance (component B of Medicare).
According to the given information you offer, we possibly may want to ask other concerns.
Its also wise to get checkbook or any other papers that reveal your bank account quantity at a bank, credit union or other institution that is financial you are able to subscribe to Direct Deposit, and steer clear of worries about missing or stolen checks and mail delays.